WordPress is an open source Content Management System which can be used to built websites and Blogs. WordPress was released in 2003 and it is based on PHP & MYSQL. Below listed some basic and key features of WordPress
Basic features of WordPress:
- Posts are listed entries that are maintained in chronological order timely, but Pages are static and that are are not bounded with time.
- Posts are for everyone means social, but in contrast Pages are NOT social. You can categorize Post accordingly, but Pages are maintained in hierarchical order.
- Posts are displayed in RSS feed, but not Pages.
- Pages are featured with custom template, but Posts are not.
The key features of WordPress are:
- Typographical niceties
- No rebuilding
- WordPress Links
- WordPress Themes
- Cross-blog communication tools
- XML-RPC interface
- Password Protected Posts
- Intelligent text formatting
- Full user registration
- Spam protection
- Easy Importing
- WordPress Pages
- Easy installation and upgrades
- Full standards compliance
- Multiple authors